Thank you for choosing to apply for the Screenwriting Diploma . Your application should reflect the standard of work you are able to deliver, therefore please take care to ensure you present it to the highest standard. Please complete all documents in English.
Submit the online application form at www.londonfilmacademy.com/admissions
Please print out the application checklist and send all supporting materials listed below to: Admissions, London Film Academy, 52a Walham Grove, London SW6 1QR, UK.
Action or items to be included:
- Administration fee of £50 (non-refundable) paid by: bank transfer (please use reference LFA/[your name] and enclose your transfer details) or credit* / debit card (call us on +44 20 7386 7711) or cheque (payable to London Film Academy)
- Application form (if completed by hand; if submitted online, please include your LFA reference number)
- Two references (academic or professional)
- Current CV / Resume and/or credit list
- Two passport size photos
- One example of your dramatic writing:
• The first 20 pages of a feature script or
• Feature film treatment of 10-15 pages or
• Two short film screenplays
If you have no screenplay material we will accept an extract from other creative writing such as:
• Short Story
• Other _____________________
These extracts should be accompanied by a written explanation of why you are not submitting a screenplay
- Analytical skills:
• A one-page critique of a film you have seen
- Summary skills
• A one-page synopsis of the screenplay or treatment you have submitted (or 2 half page synopsis of two short films)
Once we have received your application form with all supporting materials we will invite you to an interview.
If you are accepted on the course you will be required to submit a non-refundable deposit of £1000** towards tuition fees. The balance of the tuition fees is required at least 4 weeks before the start of the course. If LFA has not received your deposit within 4 weeks of your acceptance on the Screenwriting Diploma course your place will be revoked.
For further payment details and refund policy please read our Terms and Conditions.
*NB. There is a 2.4% fee for credit/international debit card payments
** The deposit will only be refunded if an overseas student has been refused entry to the UK on conditions set out in 9.3 of our Terms and Conditions.