Directing: Filmmaker's Toolkit
Duration: 1 day, weekend
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00
Directing can feel like a daunting experience so we have developed this masterclass to help you get a firm handle on how to work with actors and crew and taking your film from script to screen.
The course is ideal for anyone interested in Directing for either Film or TV as it will also explain the current climate of expectations on new directors; the realities of a first break and the shorter shooting schedules with tighter financial constraints that have made Directing a greater challenge than ever.
We will also be focusing on:
- Understanding the language of film
- Casting - best practices and spotting good actors
- Working with actors - getting the best performances
- Setting the film - finding locations and building sets
- Communicating with the crew
- Post Production - getting the best from a scene and getting the overall structure right
About the tutor
Laurence Moody, who has been described as being responsible for putting more British soap fans in front of their TVs than any other Director today with such top prime-time dramas under his belt as: CORONATION STREET, BERGERAC, TAGGART, SOLDIER SOLDIER and FOOTBALLERS' WIVES.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)207 386 7711 to book your place over the phone with credit/debit card.
NB. Club Panico@LFA members fee: £115.