Job Opportunities at LFA
JOB VACANCY: BA Coordinator - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Fixed Term Contract 1 year
Start: From August/September
London Film Academy (LFA) is seeking a BA Coordinator with excellent administrative, organisational and interpersonal skills and experience of working in the education sector.
Reporting to the BA Leader, the successful candidate will support the success of our BA students throughout their classes, assessments and productions. They will coordinate the delivery of our two year BA (Hons) Filmmaking Degree course to ensure that it is delivered on time, on budget and to agreed standards, in line with LFA values and the obligations of our validating partner.
London Film Academy is a Professional film and TV training establishment based in Fulham that delivers on quality, innovation and continued student and graduate development in a collaborative and personable way.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 22 July at 11pm. To view the full job descrption and to apply please click here.
Candidates whose applications are progressed will be invited for a short phone/zoom interview. If successful this will be followed by an in-person interview at London Film Academy in Fulham which may progress to a final in-person interview.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Administration (digital and paper-based) at a high standard including forms, resources on our Virtual Learning Environment, assessment administration, student records and module reports.
- Planning, scheduling and timetabling the BA in accordance with agreed processes and standards. Reporting on budget matters to the BA Leader.
- Personal tutor responsibilities to sensitively support student wellbeing and diplomatically mediate as students navigate the challenges of productions, assessments and student life.
- Coordinating the effective delivery of the BA curricula. Sourcing and briefing tutors and facilitators, welcoming tutors, preparing classes and acting as first port of call for student and tutor queries.
- Monitoring & reporting on attendance for classes and work placements.
- Conducting BA student interviews and collaborating with the admissions team on course enquiries and clearing
- Overseeing student film production shoots when required at LFA and at offsite filming locations. This includes managing relationships with actors and external crew, ensuring health and safety regulations are complied with, administering risk assessments and budgetary issues, undertaking casting and site visits.
- Supporting and undertaking lecturing, teaching and marking. Supporting with assessments, briefings and presentations. Undertaking 1st and 2nd marking.
- Supporting the BA Leader with Policies and Processes including Student Disciplinary Rules, Poor Performance Procedure and Grievance Procedure where required.
- Enhancing and developing the BA Courses by reflecting on and proposing improvements to our courses with reference to film industry trends, feedback from stakeholders and comparable courses. Coordinating meetings with tutors to stimulate debate and feedback, identifying and developing new partnerships with likeminded industry bodies, and developing collaborations for LFA particularly regarding work placements and guest speakers.
- Demonstrating behaviour in line with LFA values which are Pioneering, Collaborative, Sustainable and Impactful and which are consistent with an open, inclusive and participative style. Our LFA team members are expected to take responsibility for projects, adopt a solutions-based ‘can do’ approach, show commitment to continued professional development and growth in their roles. We collaborate with other departments to support events, marketing and recruitment initiatives and we champion the creative work in our community of tutors, students and alumni.
- Exceptional organisational, administrative skills and attention to detail to ensure that enquiries are responded to promptly and accurately and that all information is up to date, correct and compliant (essential).
- Logistical and planning skills to effectively coordinate complex timetables, planned communications and dependencies (essential).
- Emotional intelligence, diplomacy and resilience for pastoral care and mediation (essential).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for liaising with internal and external stakeholders (essential).
- A passion for education and storytelling (essential).
- Experience of working on Office 365 outlook, excel, word or equivalent software such as G-suite (essential). Experience of working with Virtual Learning Environments like Blackboard and with Mac computers (desirable).
- Experience of or interest in marking in an academic context (desirable).
- Experience of working in an education context - preferably Higher Education (desirable).
- Knowledge of and/or experience of working in the film and television industry (desirable).
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) per year
- Opportunities for continued professional development including 2 days ring fenced for CPD per year
- On successful passing of probation (6 months) optional access to Westfield Health insurance benefits.
- Use of our on-site cinema for screenings (subject to availability and approval).
- Pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
Please note, we are not able to offer a working visa for this role and therefore the successful candidate must be eligible to legally work in the United Kingdom before undertaking any work.
JOB VACANCY: TUTORS
LFA is currently inviting applications from experienced practising filmmaking professionals to teach the next generation of filmmaking talent.
We are specifically looking to expand our pool of teaching professionals in the following areas:
- SOUND *Note: We are actively seeking sound tutors so please get in touch.
At LFA we pride ourselves on giving students relevant industry standard training, so it is important to us that tutors can demonstrate recent experience of working on feature films or high-end television productions, as well as teaching experience. We offer flexible working hours, a commitment to developing and supporting tutors and a friendly and inclusive atmosphere.
We welcome applications from dedicated and passionate film loving professionals - please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com specifying your suitability for the role.
London Film Academy: Board of Governance - External Board Members
Our vision is to be the educators of tomorrow’s world class film makers who believe film can change the world. We strive to be the most innovative, hands-on film school embedded in the industry.
We’re now seeking new governance board members to deliver our five-year plan. We’re looking for dynamic, industry leaders to be a part of helping guide the LFA in achieving its next ambitions. You’ll have experience in providing strong governance and oversight and be willing to become a key contributor to LFA Governance.
You will be involved in upholding regulatory duties for the effective and efficient oversight of the film school, as well as contributing your knowledge and experience to its strategic development ensuring our growth and financial stability through sound commercial decisions in collaboration with the senior management committee and academic board.
We are seeking exceptional Board level leaders with relevant industry and commercial experience to shape and drive forward the film school’s strategic direction.
You will demonstrate a depth and breadth of experience and be well connected in the following areas (due to multiple roles, you may possess one or more of the skills/experience fields).
- Role 1: Film Industry
- Role 2: Education Leadership
- Role 3: Sales, Marketing & Communication
- Role 4: Finance & Risk
- Role 5: Legal / Compliance
- Non-executive/ Trustee
- Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneur/ Founder
- Change Management
- Growth Management
Role 1: A role model and champion within the film industry with an acute understanding of the entire film making process. A true advocate of the needs of the next generation of filmmakers and accessible education. Previous board experience would be advantageous.
Role 2: A proven-track leader in an educational setting with a commercial eye towards guiding the senior management in areas leading to educational excellence. Experience across a network of educational establishments and ensuring consistent quality standards with innovative learning.
Role 3: An experienced Sales and Marketing professional who is able to guide and challenge the entire Sales, Marketing and Communications life cycle. The role requires a depth and breadth of experience with customer acquisition through to customer experience. An understanding of international student markets would be advantageous.
Role 4: A finance specialist with a proven record of guiding and delivering strategy in a senior role. The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification and have experience in corporate governance and/or exceptional knowledge of business re-structuring.
Role 5: This role requires an individual with a legal and/or compliance background able to guide the board on key issues. Candidates with experience in education, film or media industries are highly encouraged to apply.
The Board will meet 3 times a year. For those who also participate on the Risk, Finance & Audit Committee, there will be an additional 3 meetings per annum, prior to the Governance Board meetings. Term: Up to 4 years.
Expenses paid up to £200 per meeting.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on 16 March 2020.
NB. In light of the current wider situation we have extended the application deadline to Monday 23 March 2020 at 12.00 (noon)
INTERNSHIPS AT THE LFA
LFA is currently have an opportunity for an amazing intern as a part of their educational programme. What are we looking for:
- You are interested in filmmaking and eager to learn more about life on a film set.
- You have great interpersonal skills and telephone manners
- You have excellent command of the English language
- You are self-motivated and trustworthy
Events & Marketing:
- Help the staff setting up for various events
- Hand out flyers/postcards at LFA events and festivals
- Assist on student productions in various roles on set
- Answering the phone at front of house
- Opening / closing the building
- Printing & binding booklets for courses
- Stock checking & replenishing
- Ad hoc administrative duties
- Assist in studio maintenance
- Set/building for productions
- Equipment errands
What do you need to know
- Start: ongoing
- Duration: 6-8 weeks (flexible)
- Type: Internship
- Location: Fulham Broadway, London
To apply: Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter.
Be a part of the LFA Team
We welcome CVs from dedicated, passionate individuals with excellent verbal and written communication skills, drive and a positive attitude. Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com specifying what kind of position you are searching for and what you can bring to the table.
Actors, Music Composers, Production Designers
If you are interested in collaborating with our students, please email us with your CV.