Why Choose LFA?
Professional training – Become a Filmmaker
- Multi-disciplinary training by film & TV industry practitioners
- Learning by doing
- Professional production equipment, post-production facilities, in-house studios and screening theatre
- Super 16mm film and current digital formats with location sound recording
- Films finished to full HD-quality image (1080p)
- Relevant, practical and value-for-money film education
- No hidden costs (film budgets included in course fees)
- Showcases at film festivals and on digital platforms
- Exclusive job lists and placements
- Centre of excellence
- Reviewed by Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- University progression routes:
- LFA Filmmaking Diploma is recognised by Anglia Ruskin University for progression onto MA Film and Television Production with a credit transfer of 90 M level credits and by University of Hertfordshire for progression on to MA Filmmaking.
- LFA Filmmaking Diploma is also recognised by University of Hertfordshire for progression on to BA Film and Television.
- LFA Screenwriting Diploma is recognised by Anglia Ruskin University for progression onto MA Creative Writing and by University of Hertfordshire for progression onto MA Screenwriting.
Passion for Film – Skills for Life
- Collaborative, friendly and inclusive learning environment
- Teamwork and people skills for adaptable and creative filmmakers
- Not-for-profit organisation
- Financial support and funding advice available
- Access to professional network of contacts in the film & TV industry
- Careers guidance and mentoring through the LFA Filmmaker's Club
- Values that we live by: quality, innovation, continued student and graduate support
- Collaborative and personable
- Individual talent and creativity is nurtured
THINK FILM. BREATHE FILM. LIVE FILM.