BFI Film Academy for young aspiring filmmakers
Are you 16-19 and from the UK? Passionate about film? Want a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy is for you. This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry.
LFA is delighted to partner with the BFI to deliver a course that is designed to offer the perfect way to introduce young people to practical filmmaking. Offering a variety of training and workshops in the main areas of filmmaking, this course will culminate in the production of live action shorts, which can serve as the starting point for a career in film.
As a student of the Film Academy:
- You will get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills.
- You can explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment
- You will gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field.
- You will watch a range of cinema from British Independent to specialised films
- You will learn how to write and direct - how to generate stories and how to communicate with actors.
- Gain an understanding of each of the different roles involved in making films. Go from story, to script to screen, with workshops in cinematography, sound, editing and producing.
- You will work in teams towards a practical film-based project
Places on this course are extremely limited. To qualify, you need to be aged between 16-19, be resident in the UK and NOT in further education (i.e. not currently attending University) or have previously attended a BFI Film Academy course.
Application deadline for 2018 is now closed - We will annouce the next intake later in the year.
The cost for Accepted applicants is £25 - Do not send any payment unless your application is successful. You will be notified on the status of your application on 28 September 2018. If you will struggle to pay the course fee, don’t be put off as you will be able to indicate this once you are accepted on the course and this fee can be waived. Bursaries will also be made available if you require assistance with travel, child care or other costs. More information about who can apply for bursaries can be found in the application form.
There are currently no course dates set for this course.