Cinematography: Introduction to Self-Shooting
‘Self-shooter’ is the term used for filmmakers that create their own video content. It is increasingly becoming an essential part of the job description for a majority of roles within media sector, including:
- Live events
- Interview shoots
- Music videos
- Corporate promos
- Social Media content
- Short Documentaries
During this course you will benefit from detailed, technical insight into DSLR filmmaking, demonstrating why shooting on DSLR is such an effective choice for those who are working on a budget but don't want to sacrifice anything when it comes to creating a professional quality image.
You will be given a practical demonstration on how to set up camera, use lenses, lighting and sound recording. You will explore the common problems you should expect to encounter on a shoot and how to approach dealing with them. Additionally you will receive professional advice on how to enhance your CV and maximise your show-reel through DSLR driven projects.
Supporting the Safety of Our Students during COVID-19
At London Film Academy, students are at the heart of everything we do and our priority is first and foremost the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and tutors.
Duration: 1 day, weekend
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00
To become a professional self-shooter, you need to understand how to make your content dynamic, creative and compelling. Not only will our self-shooters package provide introductory hands-on practical training for a DSLR camera, it will also provide you with the knowledge to carefully plan and light your subjects and create footage that will stand out above the competition.
- Technical training into the functions of DSLR cameras, lighting, white balance and sound recording.
- Shoot preparation: planning ahead to make sure you capture the footage you need ahead of the edit.
- Discover how to achieve professional quality results whilst working on a budget.
- Using practical case studies, students will be given advice on how to problem solve in a variety of common scenarios that can emerge during a shoot.
- Receive invaluable advice on how to develop an effective showreel and make your CV stand out.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.
To apply online please click on the course date below.
11 September 2021 - 11 September 2021
Course Fee: £ 250 ( Early Bird Discount: £195 instead of £250 if booked by 06 Aug 2021 )