Cinematography: Shooting and Lighting for DSLR
DSLR is fast becoming a necessary skill among cinematographers. Previously the tool of choice for independent and freelance filmmakers, it has become an increasingly popular choice among large budget filmmakers.
Hone your shooting and lighting skills with intensive, hands-on learning on this one-day, practical DSLR cinematography workshop and get to grips with DSLR shooting techniques.
Duration: 1 day, weekend
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00
Shooting with DSLR has become an increasingly popular choice for freelance and independent filmmakers. A number of recent, highly acclaimed feature films were shot using DSLR, including Tiny Furniture (Lena Dunham 2010) and Like Crazy (Drake Doremus, 2011), which were both with the Canon 7D.
During this course you will benefit from detailed, technical insight into DSLR filmmaking, demonstrating why shooting on DSLR is such an effective choice for those who are working on a budget but don't want to sacrifice anything when it comes to creating a professional quality image.
You will be given a practical demonstration on how to set up camera, use lenses, lighting and sound recording. You will explore the common problems you should expect to encounter on a shoot and how to approach dealing with them. Additionally you will receive professional advice on how to enhance your CV and maximise your show-reel through DSLR driven projects.
- Technical training into the functions of DSLR cameras, lighting, white balance and sound recording.
- Shoot preparation: planning ahead to make sure you capture the footage you need ahead of the edit.
- Discover how to achieve professional quality results whilst working on a budget.
- Using practical case studies, students will be given advice on how to problem solve in a variety of common scenarios that can emerge during a shoot.
- Receive invaluable advice on how to develop an effective showreel and make your CV stand out.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.
To apply online please click on the course date below.
11 May 2019 - 11 May 2019
Course Fee: £ 225.00
5 SPACES AVAILABLE
15 June 2019 - 15 June 2019
Course Fee: £ 225.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £195 Till 04-May-2019 )
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: £195 instead of £225 if booked by 4 of May 2019
19 July 2019
Course Fee: £ 225.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £195 Till 07-Jun-2019 )
14 September 2019 - 14 September 2019
Course Fee: £ 225.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £195 Till 05-Aug-2019 )
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: £195 instead of £225 if booked by 5 of August 2019
02 November 2019 - 02 November 2019
Course Fee: £ 225.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £195 Till 23-Sep-2019 )
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: £195 instead of £225 if booked by 23 of September 2019