Composing: Music in Film
One of the most memorable aspects of a successful film is the music soundtrack. This weekend course will develop your understanding of how music is used in both film and TV.
Ideal for students with a background in filmmaking or music composing who are looking to develop their understanding and knowledge of this specialist field.
Duration: 2 days, weekend
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00
One of the most memorable aspects of a successful film is the music soundtrack. In this course, participants with a background in filmmaking or music composing will have the opportunity to study what it is that makes good film music, how it is produced across the industry; the different types of music and what they are used for in film, and, of course, how to obtain the right music for a project - and get the best out of a relationship with a music composer.
- A brief history of film music
- The aesthetics of film music
- What film music can do
- Types of film music & their uses
- Finding the right music for your project
- Communicating with musicians and composers
Who is the Course Aimed at
- Those with background in filmmaking
- Music Composers
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.
To apply online please click on the course date below.
15 June 2019 - 16 June 2019
Course Fee: £ 250.00
4 SPACES AVAILABLE