Directing: Filmmaker's Toolkit
Ideal for anyone interested in Directing for either Film or TV, this intensive one-day course looks at the expectations placed on new directors; the realities of a first break and the shorter shooting schedules with tighter financial constraints that have made Directing a greater challenge than ever.
Learn from the comfort of your home - our next intake will be delivered online via Zoom between 10:00 and 17:00 (GMT)
Supporting the Safety of Our Students during COVID-19
At London Film Academy, students are at the heart of everything we do and our priority is first and foremost the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and tutors.
Duration: 1 day, weekend
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00
Directing can feel like a daunting experience so we have developed this masterclass to help you get a firm handle on how to work with actors and crew and learn how to take your film from script to screen.
The course is ideal for anyone interested in Directing for either Film or TV as it will also explain the current climate of expectations on new directors; the realities of a first break and the shorter shooting schedules with tighter financial constraints that have made Directing a greater challenge than ever.
We will also be focusing on:
- Understanding the language of film
- Casting - best practices and spotting good actors
- Working with actors - getting the best performances
- Setting the film - finding locations and building sets
- Communicating with the crew
- Post Production - getting the best from a scene and getting the overall structure right
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.