MA Progression: Screenwriting
Benefit from creative and commercial development in a dynamic and collaborative film school environment. You will have a unique opportunity to enjoy both vocational, screenwriting training and academic study with our MA progression agreement.
You will first complete the one-year Screenwriting Diploma at London Film Academy followed by up to one additional year at one of our partner universities (listed below) to complete your Master of the Arts qualification. Progressing onto the MA enables you to complete your studies at a reduced rate and ensures you get the best of both worlds by experiencing a year of intensive screenwriting followed by a year of traditional university study.
Year 1: at London Film Academy
The first year of the programme takes place at LFA (Screenwriting Diploma).
Year 2: at one of our partner universities
After successfully completing the Screenwriting Diploma you will be eligible for direct entry on one of the University programmes such as:
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
Full time: 4 months / Part time: 8 months
Year 1: at London Film Academy
LFA Screenwriting Diploma for UK/EU and International students: £14,000*
Year 2: at University of Derby
UK/EU: £660 per 20 credits (£1,980)*, International: £TBC
* Fees based on September 2019. This may change from 2020 - pelase check relevant pages
Please visit the Funding Your Studies section of our website for more information on a number of funding bodies you can apply to for financial assistance to support your education.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, however, we may also consider students with a non-traditional background on the strength of their pervious work experience and/or portfolio
- Written work submitted prior to attending an interview - we are looking for potential creative ?lmmaking ability as evidenced through written material
- Fluency in English language (minimum of IELTS score 6.5 or equivalent)
- Some practical experience in film production is desirable, except in cases where student can demonstrate transferable skills in other relevant areas i.e. stage plays, novels etc.
Please apply with:
- One example of your dramatic writing: The first 20 pages of a feature script or Feature film treatment of 10-15 pages or two short film screenplays or if you have no screenplay material we will except an extract from other creative writing such as: a play, short story, novel poetry
- These extracts should be accompanied by a written explanation you are why not submitting a screenplay
- Analytical skills: A one-page critique of a film you have seen
- Summary skills: A one-page synopsis of the screenplay or treatment you have submitted (or 2 half page synopsis of two short films)
Please see Screenwriting Diploma Application Checklist for further details.
What kind of students are we looking for?
- Committed and dedicated people with a proven passion for writing, who want a professional career in film or television
- Collaborative, articulate and creative people who can demonstrate a strong instinct for the grammar of visual storytelling
- Those who want a practical education in screenwriting and believe that the only way to learn how to write is by writing
There are currently no course dates set for this course.