Young Filmmakers' Academy - Easter
This Easter, join us for a five-day filmmaking course to learn the essential skills of visual storytelling. Shoot, direct and edit your first short film working with seasoned actors and guided by industry professionals.
Our Easter Young Filmmakers’ Academy offers 13 to 17 year olds a comprehensive introduction to the world of filmmaking. Over five days, our young filmmakers work with experienced industry professionals to understand the key disciplines of the craft from script to screen, covering scriptwriting, cinematography, directing, sound and editing. This is an intensive but fun-filled introduction to the realities of working in film and TV and provides students with the grounding they need to start working creatively on their own films and making informed decisions about further training or a future career.
- Go from script to screen looking at all the stages involved in making film and TV
- Fun and varied workshops in small groups with experienced teachers and film professionals
- Learn how to write and direct - how to generate stories and how to communicate with actors
- Experience the different roles behind the camera gaining a film credit on a collaborative production
- Explore the fundamentals of cinematography and sound
- Discover how to edit using Adobe Premiere Pro software
- Shoot a film using an iPhone – gain the skills to continue filmmaking using your own kit
- End of the course screening for cast and crew, friends and family in the LFA cinema, and recieve a HD link to your films.
- Our one-week Young Filmmakers’ Academy is open enrolment.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Age range 13-17 years
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.
To apply online please click on the course date below.
12 April 2021 - 16 April 2021
Course Fee: £ 595 ( Early Bird Discount: £495 instead of £595 if booked by 22 Feb 2021 )