Directed by Mark Waters, visually stunning documentary follows James Sebastiano, a materially successful young man riddled with anxiety who embarks on a worldwide journey of self-enquiry. From the streets of New York to the stillness of the Ganges and deep into the jungles of Peru, the film tackles ways to manage anxiety, stress & addiction, diving deep into the topics of meditation, consciousness, life purpose, and plant medicine.
The film is full of fascinating conversations with leaders in the wellness space like Russell Brand, Graham Hancock, Sharon Salzberg, Alex Grey, Zelda Hall and many more.
'Chasing the Present' has won several awards and nominations, including:
- Best Documentary: Chelsea Film Festival 2019, Rhode Island International Film Festival 2019, Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival 2019
- Grand Jury Prize: Awareness Festival 2019, International Moving Pictures Film Festival 2019
- Best Cinematography: Awareness Festival 2019
- Semi-Finalist: Miami Independent Film Festival 2020
- Official Selection: Manchester Film Festival 2020, BZN International Film Festival 2020, Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival 2020
'Chasing The Present' is now out worldwide across iTunes and all digital platforms.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *