Avoid the clearing panic from results day and apply for our 2-year BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree, today!
WHAT IS CLEARING?
Clearing is a UCAS process that runs every year from July until mid-September and it matches applicants to university places that are yet to be filled. It’s available to anyone who has made a UCAS Undergraduate application and doesn’t hold any offers. Additionally if you are yet to complete a UCAS application, you can still apply.
The LFA BA is everything a film student can ask for. The predominantly practical training and assessment with additional film history classes are, to me, the only essential training needed in being a filmmaker. This emphasis on practical training and assessment (with both analog and digital mediums) is what makes LFA’s programme and film school stand out as an excellent and state of the art higher education body.
BA (Hons) Filmmaking Student
WHY CHOOSE BA (HONS) FILMMAKING AT LONDON FILM ACADEMY?
Our 2-year fast-track BA (Hons) Filmmaking offers film education in an industry setting. Taught by practising film professionals, you will gain a thorough grounding in all areas of the filmmaking process, from script to screen, and become multi-skilled and adaptable. You will acquire the real-world practical skills through work-based learning, amass numerous film credits and be able to start your career in the industry.
- Study on a 2-year, fast-track professional course with likeminded collaborators
- Acquire the real-world practical skills through work-based learning
- Receive in-depth, hands-on training across the key disciplines of filmmaking: Screenwriting, Directing, Cinematography, Sound, Editing, Production (including Production Design) and 1st Assistant Directing
- Access to practising film & TV industry tutors, teaching up-to-date skills and becoming potential sources of work for you when you graduate
- Excellent tutor-to-student ratios and practical exposure to industry mentors
- Learn using up-to-date industry standard equipment and software
- Take part in the production of many filmmaking exercises, individual projects, commercials and graduation films, providing you with a significant body of work for inclusion in your showreel
- Well-thought-out work placements give real-world experiences and future contacts
- No hidden costs - course materials and film budgets are all included in the course fee; you will manage a several thousand-pound budget for film projects
- Access industry jobs and work experience upon graduation
- Learn to navigate the professional business of film as well as finding a creative voice
- Attend film festivals and networking events to help develop your career
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR CLEARING?
You can apply through clearing if you are not holding any offers from the universities or colleges you’ve applied to, or if you’ve decided to turn down the offers you have received.
HOW TO APPLY THROUGH CLEARING?
- Please contact our Admissions Team on +44 (0) 207 386 7711, email@example.com to check if we have spaces available
- You will then be invited to an interview
- If your application is successful, we will provide you with a unconditional offer, pending the approval from the University of Derby (UoD), the awarding body for our degree.
Institution Code: L57 | Course Code: BA01 | Campus: London Film Academy (Campus Code: L)
WHAT SHOULD I PROVIDE WHEN I CALL?
- Your exam results
- Your UCAS ID number (if you have one)
Please visit our accommodation page here
LFA is a registered higher education provider with the Office for Students (OfS) and listed on their Register, meaning that we meet the OfS requirements for academic standards, course quality, student support, and student protection. This course is validated by the University of Derby. As a partner student you will be granted access to the University’s online learning environment ‘University of Derby Online (UDo)’ where you will be able to access programme resources related to your programme, the University’s library and your grades.
To ensure the health and safety of all our students we are following advice and guidance set out by the UK government, Health and Safety Executive, World Health Organisation, British Film Institute, PACT and The Production Guild. For full details on the measures we are taking, please read our up-to-date page on Coronavirus.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Our intensive courses also include:
- our 1-year Filmmaking Diploma
- our 1-year Screenwriting Diploma