DO I NEED A VISA?
Check whether or not you need a visa by visiting the UK VISAS AND IMMIGRATION website. You can also check with the British Embassy or Consulate in your own country or, if there is not one where you live, in a neighbouring country.
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications can be a lengthy process and therefore it is advisable to apply well in advance of your planned trip.
WHICH VISA DO I NEED?
- Standard Tourist Visa (for visitors from outside the EU who wish to enrol on a short course of 30 days or less while they are in the UK eg. Filmmaking Certificate or Filmmaking Foundation, or short specialised weekend and week-long courses)
- Short-Term Study Visa (needed for courses of longer than 30 days but less than 6 months eg. Documentary Certificate)
- If you are enrolling on a course of less than 30 days on a Standard Tourist Visa, please apply to the course here.
- For courses over 30 days in length, please refer to the instructions below, depending on the length of your course.
For students studying on courses between 30 days and 6 months long (ie. Documentary Certificate)
Step 1: Application
Submit your Application Form here.
Step 2: Course Fees
Your letter of acceptance, which you need in order to apply for your student visitor visa, can only be issued once you have met all of the admissions criteria for the course you are applying for and we have received your full course fees.
Step 3: Acceptance
Once we’ve received your full course fees, we can issue you with a letter of acceptance, which you can use to apply for your student visitor visa. In order to issue your letter of acceptance we will require:
- A scanned copy or high quality photograph of your passport
- Your passport number
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your nationality
- Your home address
- The address where you will be staying whilst studying in the UK
NB: Do not travel to the UK if you wish to study without first obtaining the correct student visa. If you enter the UK under a short-term study visa or the incorrect student visa, you will not be able to switch this to the relevant visa without first returning to your home country.
London Film Academy has been reviewed by QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education) for Educational Oversight.
THINK FILM. BREATHE FILM. LIVE FILM.