Documentary Filmmaking Certificate
If you have an idea for a documentary and want to turn your dream into reality, this intensive, 6-week course will provide the grounding you need to transform your initial concept into a gripping factual film. With hands-on training from practising documentary professionals, you will gain all the skills you need and make your own collaborative documentary ready to pitch and package to the industry.
You'll work with broadcast quality digital cameras and learn and develop your skills in cinematography and sound. Hone your editing skills with Adobe Premiere Pro before you pitch your final project to a panel of documentary industry professionals.
4 weeks, 20 consecutive weekdays
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00 (plus additional hours incl. evenings and weekends)
- Promote your documentary projects through pitching and writing treatments
- Gain practical and paper-based skills and experience to apply to your own future documentaries
- Targeted exercises develop new and existing camera and sound abilities
- Learn documentary research methodologies and how to apply them
- Gain an understanding of the different sectors of the documentary industry
- Receive hands-on training by practising documentary industry professionals
- Work in small groups with excellent tutor-to-student ratios
- Group feedback sessions, mentoring and technical support enhance your learning and your individual project needs
- Work with broadcast-quality digital cameras and edit using Final Cut Studio
- Pitch final projects to a panel of documentary industry professionals
- All final documentary film projects are screened, and you leave the course with a DVD showreel of your work
- Benefit from studying and networking within a top professional film academy to increase your contacts and knowledge of the filmmaking process
- While on the course you receive complimentary membership of our Filmmakers Club
To book your place on this course please:
Apply online or
Apply by post, print out the application form and post to London Film Academy, 52A Walham Grove, London, SW6 1QR, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 0207 381 6116. As soon as we've received your application we’ll send you a confirmation email containing payment details. Please check your ‘Junk Mail’ folder if you appear to have not received this email.
- Our Six-Week Documentary Filmmaking Certificate course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
You can check if you need a visa by visiting the UK IMMIGRATION VISA (UKVI) website. You can also check with the British Embassy or Consulate in your own country or, if there is not one where you live, in a neighbouring country.
Visa applications can be a lengthy process and therefore it is advisable to apply well in advance of your planned trip.
SHORT TERM STUDY VISA
For students studying on a course of 6 months or less (i.e. LFA Certificates, Foundations and Specialised courses)
NB: Do not travel to the UK if you wish to study without first obtaining the correct student visa. If you enter the UK under a short-term study visa or the incorrect student visa, you will not be able to switch this to the relevant visa without first returning to your home country.
London Film Academy has been reviewed by QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education) for Educational Oversight.