Documentary Filmmaking Certificate
If you have an idea for a documentary and want to turn your dream into reality, this intensive, 6-week course will provide the grounding you need to transform your initial concept into a gripping factual film. With hands-on training from practising documentary professionals, you will gain all the skills you need and make your own collaborative documentary ready to pitch and package to the industry.
You'll work with broadcast quality digital cameras and learn and develop your skills in cinematography and sound. Hone your editing skills with Adobe Premiere Pro before you pitch your final project to a panel of documentary industry professionals.
Supporting the Safety of Our Students during COVID-19
At London Film Academy, students are at the heart of everything we do and our priority is first and foremost the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and tutors.
6 weeks, 30 consecutive weekdays
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00 (plus additional hours incl. evenings and weekends)
- Promote your documentary projects through pitching and writing treatments
- Gain practical and paper-based skills and experience to apply to your own future documentaries
- Targeted exercises develop new and existing camera and sound abilities
- Learn documentary research methodologies and how to apply them
- Gain an understanding of the different sectors of the documentary industry
- Receive hands-on training by practising documentary industry professionals
- Work in small groups with excellent tutor-to-student ratios
- Group feedback sessions, mentoring and technical support enhance your learning and your individual project needs
- Work with broadcast-quality digital cameras and edit using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Pitch final projects to a panel of documentary industry professionals
- All final documentary film projects are screened
- Benefit from studying and networking within a top professional film academy to increase your contacts and knowledge of the filmmaking process
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.
To apply online please click on the course date below.
14 June 2021 - 23 July 2021
Course Fee: £ 3,250 ( Early Bird Discount: £2,995 instead of £3,250 if booked by 03 May 2021 )
18 October 2021 - 26 November 2021
Course Fee: £ 3,250 ( Early Bird Discount: £2,995 instead of £3,250 if booked by 06 Sep 2021 )