Ever dreamt of becoming a writer, but you don’t know where to start? Gain an intensive overview of the art of writing for the screen on our two-week Screenwriting Certificate.
Our Screenwriting Certificate is the perfect platform for aspiring writers or writer-directors who have lots of ideas and are looking to make a film. Through a series of practical writing exercises you learn how to stimulate your creativity and develop your own technique, voice and style.
Duration: 10 days, 10 consecutive weekdays, full time
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00 (plus additional hours incl. evenings and weekends)
Ever dreamt of becoming a writer, but you don’t know where to start? This course is for aspiring writers or writer-directors who have lots of ideas and are looking to make a film. You have the chance to see how writing for the screen is different from writing a novel or play, and to learn the knack for getting past writer’s block.
You are taught about film narrative, character-driven storytelling, action and dialogue. Attention is given to screenplay formatting and presentation skills (pitching).
You write and rewrite a short film script with script-editing input and guidance from professional film & TV screenwriters, script editors and producers. The course culminates in performed readings of the short film scripts by professional actors.
There is an opportunity to present your script to LFA Filmmakers' Club, our networking group that gives you access to other filmmakers, events with industry professionals on all aspects of independent filmmaking, job vacancies, film screenings and a forum to discuss cinema in general.
- Gain an intensive overview of the art of writing for the screen
- Learn how to stimulate your creativity and develop technique through a series of practical writing exercises
- Learn to write story outlines and scene-by-scene breakdowns
- Write, edit and rewrite a short film screenplay
- Sessions include: an introduction to film narrative; character-driven storytelling; how to write action; how to write dialogue; how to format your screenplay
- Receive expert script editing guidance and supervision by professionals from the film & TV industry
- Learn how to present and pitch your idea
- Hear your screenplay performed by professional actors and receive their feedback
- Present your short film script to an active and dynamic filmmaking community via Club Panico@LFA, which has the means to bring it to the screen
- This course is suitable for writers and writer/directors, both beginners and intermediates
To book your place on this course please:
Apply online or
Apply by post, print out the application form and post to London Film Academy, 52A Walham Grove, London, SW6 1QR, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 0207 381 6116. As soon as we've received your application we’ll send you a confirmation email containing payment details. Please check your ‘Junk Mail’ folder if you appear to have not received this email.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.
To apply online please click on the course date below.
01 April 2019 - 12 April 2019
Course Fee: £ 995.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £895 Till 18-Feb-2019 )
5 SPACES AVAILABLE
15 July 2019 - 26 July 2019
Course Fee: £ 995.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £895 Till 03-Jun-2019 )
07 October 2019 - 18 October 2019
Course Fee: £ 995.00 ( Early Bird Fee - £895 Till 26-Aug-2019 )