Ever dreamt of becoming a writer, but you don’t know where to start? Gain an intensive overview of the art of writing for the screen on our two-week Screenwriting Certificate.
Our Screenwriting Certificate is the perfect platform for aspiring writers or writer-directors who have lots of ideas and are looking to make a film. Through a series of practical writing exercises you learn how to stimulate your creativity and develop your own technique, voice and style.
“It was a very interesting, informative and in depth course. The online course functioned very well and I recommend this course to anyone looking into becoming a screenwriter or screenwriter/director.” – online Screenwriting Certificate student
We also offer a one-year Screenwriting Diploma that provides the intensive, creative development and practical training in the commercial aspects of screenwriting to ensure you not only develop your craft, but leave with a large and impressive volume of work and the knowhow to succeed in the business.
“The course was more than I expected, definitely surpassed my expectations. It adapted very well for Zoom sessions too.” – online Screenwriting Certificate student
Learn from the comfort of your home - our next intake on 13 July 2020 will be delivered online via Zoom between 10:00 and 17:00 (BST UK Time)
Live video lessons lead by Michael Holden who has rewritten screenplays for major Hollywood productions and independent films including 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' (2016) and 'Sherlock Holmes' (2009).
Duration: 10 days, 10 consecutive weekdays, full time
Hours: 10:00 – 17:00 (plus additional hours incl. evenings and weekends)
Ever dreamt of becoming a writer, but you don’t know where to start? This course is for aspiring writers or writer-directors who have lots of ideas and are looking to make a film. You have the chance to see how writing for the screen is different from writing a novel or play, and to learn the knack for getting past writer’s block.
You are taught about film narrative, character-driven storytelling, action and dialogue. Attention is given to screenplay formatting and presentation skills (pitching).
You write and rewrite a short film script with script-editing input and guidance from professional film & TV screenwriters, script editors and producers. The course culminates in performed readings of the short film scripts by professional actors.
There is an opportunity to present your script to LFA Filmmakers' Club, our networking group that gives you access to other filmmakers, events with industry professionals on all aspects of independent filmmaking, job vacancies, film screenings and a forum to discuss cinema in general.
- Gain an intensive overview of the art of writing for the screen
- Learn how to stimulate your creativity and develop technique through a series of practical writing exercises
- Learn to write story outlines and scene-by-scene breakdowns
- Write, edit and rewrite a short film screenplay
- Sessions include: an introduction to film narrative; character-driven storytelling; how to write action; how to write dialogue; how to format your screenplay
- Receive expert script editing guidance and supervision by professionals from the film & TV industry
- Learn how to present and pitch your idea
- This course is suitable for writers and writer/directors, both beginners and intermediates
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
For in depth Visa information please visit our Visa page.