“The course was more than I expected, definitely surpassed my expectations. It adapted very well for Zoom sessions too.” – online Screenwriting Certificate student
If you can't come to us... the LFA can still come to you! During this uncertain time we are delighted to continue providing the highest standard of education in a safe environment by delivering courses virtually. We are very much open for business (although our London premises are temporarily closed until further notice) and our excellent team is working as normal (remotely).
Upcoming short courses that will be delivered live online:
Intro to Documentary Certificate - 15 June 2020 (5 days)
Directing - Filmmaker's Toolkit - 27 June 2020 (1 day)
Writing: Screenplay in a Day - 28 June 2020 (1 day)
Producing Certificate - 29 June 2020 (5 days)
Producing: Production Management - 6 July 2020 (1 day)
Producing: Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling - 7 July 2020 (4 days)
Screenwriting Certificate - 13 July 2020 (2 weeks)
- Further courses/dates will be announced soon – please register your interest and we’ll notify you when new dates go live
“By being able to interact and learn from an industry professional many gaps in my knowledge or understanding have been addressed” – online Screenwriting Certificate student
We're here to help
LFA admission team are here to help. Feel free to contact us by mail, phone, email, or even chat with us live during normal business hours.
How do our online courses work?
- Online courses will take place between 10.00-17.00 (BST UK time).
- We will be using Zoom to deliver the online courses, with the course tutors conducting group sessions throughout the duration of the course. Zoom is an easy, reliable platform for video and audio group calls, allowing you to interact with tutors, collaborate and chat to other students across mobile devices, tablets and computers.
- You can set up a free Zoom account here and we recommend you do so well in advance of your first lesson. Please ensure your Zoom account is created using the same email you registered for myLFA.
- For more information on how to use Zoom, check out their online tutorials here.
What happens once you apply?
Apply via the LFA website by selecting your preferred online course and date, you can find all our courses listed here and above. Payment for the course can be made via our online SagePay platform. Applications will remain open whilst there are still places available, however, we encourage early booking to ensure availability as some of the courses have limited capacity.
Once you have applied and paid the full course fee, you will be sent a welcome email, which will explain further details of the course.
On the morning of the course, a unique Zoom link will be sent to your registered email address, allowing you to join the class.
We want to ensure you receive important information from us – please ensure you white list our email address (so they don’t end up in your ‘spam/junk’ folder by mistake)
FREE online resources
To help you continue to grow as a filmmaker we have created the following resources:
- In Focus - a series featuring film masters, filmmakers, LFA tutors and guest speakers, such as: screenwriter and director Hossein Amini (‘Drive’, ‘The Two Faces of January’), cinematographer Phil Méheux (‘Casino Royale’, ‘GoldenEye’), Academy Award winning producer Jon Landau (‘Titanic’, ‘Avatar’), action film editor, Eddie Hamilton (‘Mission Impossible’, ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’) and Academy Award and BAFTA winning sound recordist and mixer, Ray Beckett (‘The Hurt Locker’, ‘A Room with a View’). The series is designed to give aspiring filmmakers greater insight into the film industry roles through personal and honest advice from prominent industry experts. These episodes provide practical tips on the six key filmmaking disciplines: producing, scriptwriting, directing, cinematography, sound, editing, all of which we teach.
- Filmmaker's Toolkit - free tutorials for ARRI Alexa
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest resources.