FILMMAKING FOUNDATION (10 days over 2 weeks)
You can join us this summer as we launch our 'On Location' training in collaboration with the Algarve Film Commission. We are taking our popular Filmmaking Foundation to the sunny Algarve* in Portugal to give you the opportunity to make a film in one of the world's most beautiful locations. Don't just take our word for it - hear more from one of the Monty Python filmmakers, Julian Doyle, who recently gave a masterclass in Portimao - www.youtube.com/londonfilmacademy
This multi-disciplinary course is for: professionals with a single field of expertise, new entrants, film enthusiasts and for those of you wanting to make your own films; actors who want to know more about working behind the camera; writer/directors who want an overview of the filmmaking process and anyone who is passionately interested in learning about film.
Throughout a number of practical sessions you cover all key filmmaking disciplines: screenwriting; directing; camera and lighting; production sound; production management; finance and distribution; and editing. The highlight of the course is a film shoot on which you rotate through a number of different on-set roles.
The Filmmaking Foundation has a proud history of association with the Monty Python filmmakers - they first ran it from their studios in Camden, London, more than 15 years ago. We have been providing practical film training ever since and our patrons include: Terry Gilliam, Sir Ben Kingsley and Terry Jones. This makes the Filmmaking Foundation unique among short courses on offer today.
- Practical hands-on training by practising film & TV industry professionals with a good tutor-to-student ratio
- An introduction to all key filmmaking disciplines behind the camera
- Work on several films, rotating through different crew roles to gain an amazing on-set experience
- The course focuses on visual communication and narrative storytelling
- An excellent chance to direct your own script, as you direct or camera-operate your film in pairs
- Shoot your film on HD with sync sound as dialogue is recorded on set
- Work with professional actors on the shoot day
- An experienced editor guides you in editing your film to a full HD-quality image in pairs
- Leave equipped with practical and theoretical skills and experience in preparation for further training or entry-level work in the film & TV industry
- Gain enough experience to make your own films through our networking group, Club Panico@LFA
Who Should Apply
This course is a must for new entrants into the film industry, film enthusiasts, and for those of you who want to make your own films. It is also suitable for actors who want to know more about working behind the camera and those with some experience of a particular area of film production who wish to gain an overview of the whole process of filmmaking.
- Classes and shoot days run Monday - Friday, with a weekend break
- Students are expected to work additional hours (evenings and weekends)
- All classes will be conducted in English; all applicants must be fluent in English (International English Language Testing System IELTS 6.0 or equivalent required)
- Minimum age 18
- Tuition fee £995 (the price of accommodation and flights are not included)
Study in one of the world's most beautiful locations - the Algarve, the southern-most region of mainland Portugal. Due to its all-year-round mild weather, the Algarve is one of the most attractive areas in the Mediterranean for filming. Learn more at: www.facebook.com/londonfilmacademyonlocationinalgarve
Accommodation & Flights
The price of accommodation, meals and flights is not included. Look for your ideal accommodation in Portimao here: www.portimar.pt
Or for details of reduced rates at the local hotels please contact Floripes Cuco, Portimar on +351 282 470 004 or email@example.com
Check the current tuition fee using this currency converter.
This course is run in partnership with:
- the CIAC - Centre of Arts and Communication from University of Algarve (Universidade do Algarve, UAlg www.ualg.pt/index.php?lang=en) and the FCT in Faro. The University of Algarve is a young state university located in the southeastern part of Portugal. It was established in 1979 and over the years the institution has acquired a sound international reputation. Address: Universidade do Algarve - Campus da Penha, Estr. da Penha, 8005-139 Faro
- the Algarve Film Commission
Apply for this course
There are no set dates for this course at the moment.
Please register your interest with us and we will contact you as soon as a date has been set for this course
Alternatively please call us on +44 (0) 20 7386 7711 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.