London Film Academy presents a practical pitching workshop as part of SPOT Festival in Aarhus, Denmark.
David Pope, lead tutor on our Writer-Director Diploma, will lead the workshop aimed at helping filmmaker's understand the pitching process.
David will look at topics including:
· What you need to cover in a pitch and what to avoid.
· How much time do you have?
· Who are you talking to?
· Preparation. Research. Rehearse.
· Adjusting content accordingly.
· Who are you?
· Protagonist, Plot, Theme. Which order?
· Can you tell a story and can you tell it giving equality to beginning, middle and end?
· Controlling the conversation with confidence and respect.
· Why do you want to tell this story? What you should say but also what you should remember (not necessarily the same thing).
· Project status and assets.
· Relationships are for careers not for one meeting.
· How to follow up on a pitch?
We run similar courses throughout the year at London FIlm Academy. Discover our short courses and find the right one for you.