Our Clearing Places
7 August 2018
Avoid the clearing panic from results day and apply for our 2-year BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree, today!
WHAT IS CLEARING?
Clearing is a UCAS process that runs every year from July until mid-September and it matches applicants to university places that are yet to be filled. It’s available to anyone who has made a UCAS Undergraduate application and doesn’t hold any offers. Additionally if you are yet to complete a UCAS application, you can still apply.
WHY CHOOSE BA (HONS) FILMMAKING AT LONDON FILM ACADEMY?
Our 2-year fast-track BA (Hons) Filmmaking offers film education in an industry setting. Taught by practising film professionals, you will gain a thorough grounding in all areas of the filmmaking process, from script to screen, and become multi-skilled and adaptable. You will acquire the real-world practical skills through work-based learning, amass numerous film credits and be able to start your career in the industry.
- Study on a 2-year, fast-track professional course with likeminded collaborators
- Acquire the real-world practical skills through work-based learning
- Receive in-depth, hands-on training across the key disciplines of filmmaking: Screenwriting, Directing, Cinematography, Sound, Editing, Production (including Production Design) and 1st Assistant Directing
- Access to practising film & TV industry tutors, teaching up-to-date skills and becoming potential sources of work for you when you graduate
- Excellent tutor-to-student ratios and practical exposure to industry mentors
- Learn using up-to-date industry standard equipment and software
- Take part in the production of many filmmaking exercises, individual projects, commercials and graduation films, providing you with a significant body of work for inclusion in your showreel
- Well-thought-out work placements give real-world experiences and future contacts
- No hidden costs - course materials and film budgets are all included in the course fee; you will manage a several thousand-pound budget for film projects
- Access industry jobs and work experience upon graduation
- Learn to navigate the professional business of film as well as finding a creative voice
- Attend film festivals and networking events to help develop your career
- Validated by University of Derby ranked gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017) , the new classification of degree teaching standards. Gold is reserved for institutions where teaching, retention and graduate outcomes are consistently outstanding and are of the highest quality found in the UK.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR CLEARING?
You can apply through clearing if you are not holding any offers from the universities or colleges you’ve applied to, or if you’ve decided to turn down the offers you have received.
HOW TO APPLY THROUGH CLEARING?
- Call our Admissions team on 0207 386 7711 OR email email@example.com to check if we have spaces left
- We will then ask you some interview questions
- If the application process is successful, we will provide you with a unconditional offer, pending the approval from the University of Derby (UoD) - the awarding body for our degrees
- We will contact you within 24 hours to let you know the outcome of the UoD descission.
Institution Code: L57 | Course Code: BA01 | Campus: London Film Academy (Campus Code: L)
WHAT SHOULD I PROVIDE WHEN I CALL?
- Your exam results
- Your UCAS ID number (if you have one)
Please visit our accommodation page here
LONDON FILM ACADEMY & UNIVERSITY OF DERBY PARTNERSHIP
The fast-track degree course has been exclusively developed in partnership with University of Derby, which has been ranked gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework, the new classification of degree teaching standards. Gold is reserved for institutions where teaching, retention and graduate outcomes are consistently outstanding and are of the highest quality found in the UK.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Our intensive courses also include:
Back To News