This page was updated 22 June 2020.
Since the UK government lockdown, LFA has been successfully delivering our diplomas, BA and short courses through live online sessions.
We are now pleased to announce that we will be resuming a selection of face-to-face courses in a safe learning environment from 17 July, starting with our Cinematography: Introduction to Self-Shooting course.
To ensure the health and safety of all our students we are following advice and guidance set out by the UK government, Health and Safety Executive, World Health Organisation, British Film Institute, PACT and The Production Guild.
During our face-to-face courses we will be taking the following safety measures:
- Our fully trained staff will help students follow preventative measures and advise on the health and wellbeing of all participants.
- Rigorous and regular cleaning measures to ensure equipment, spaces and touch points are sanitised to prevent hand–to–hand transmission.
- Reduced class sizes and capacity for spaces to facilitate safe, social distancing measures and movement through the building.
- Staggered class start times to avoid interaction with other groups during break periods and at the end of class.
- Dedicated lunch spaces.
- Additional anti-transmission measures including protective screens and PPE for relevant in-person activities and workshops.
- Enhanced hygiene measures including increased provision of sanitisers, alcohol cleaners, tissues and regular breaks for washing hands.
- Strict entry and exit procedures to identify and prevent infection risks from outside sources.
- A separate dedicated room for any person who feels unwell and a clear procedure for helping them.
The UK film and television industry has also resumed productions following an initial period of lockdown and, like LFA, are adjusting to new working models to abide by necessary measures.
Please get in touch with our friendly team by emailing email@example.com or by calling us on 020 7386 7711 between 9am-6pm (BST) should you wish to speak to us further.
Please be aware that we are regularly following advice from the UK government concerning the implications of COVID-19 and our Admissions team will be in regular contact with you if any of the course delivery specifications change.
For further details, please follow the latest advice from the government.
To keep informed on the latest updates, please follow the following advice topics:
- UK Government's up-to-date guidance on educational settings
- UK Government's up-to-date information for the public on Coronavirus
- UK Government's guidance on staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- UK Government's Coronavirus Recovery Strategy
- World Health Organization - information pages
- World Health Organization's advice for public
The Department for Education has a helpline to answer education questions about COVID-19. The helpline is for higher education staff, students and parents and can be contacted on 0800 046 8687 or DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org. The Department for Education’s opening hours are 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday) or 10am to 4pm (Saturday to Sunday).
The UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office are advising anyone who has travelled into the UK from abroad to follow the latest travel advice here.